Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Entry Number 200714

Where will I be traveling?
The culture of Bengal has evolved over the ages into a truly rich and varied one. Art and Architecture has Flourished here since time immemorial.
Kolkata, being the capital of British India, has a historic significance , and has now evolved into the Cultural Capital of India.
I would like to travel to Kolkata and Other Parts of Bengal, and Trace the Historic past and the evolution in architecture, through my Photography.
When will I be traveling?
During the winter vacations. December 2007 – January 2008
Focus Area:
Buildings of Historic and Architectural Significance in Kolkata in particular and Bengal as a whole. (Special focus on Buildings of British era)
* Forts in Bengal, that stand testimony to Events which turned India’s History.
* The Buildings That Reflect The Varied Culture of the people of Bengal
* The Vernacular Architecture of Bengal – A blend of Art and Culture into Architecture. ( The Havelis, Raj Baadis and Bungalows’ of Zamindars)




1 comment:

Nicholas Iyadurai said...

Jury comments:
though technically normal photos I like the points of view
I like the detail of the focus and since we never hear much about architecture of bengal, definitely interests me.

focus area sounds big. Will one be able to handle it comprehensively in such a short trip?

I see some technique here with the perspective

nice composition of the main gopuram;;

Good lighting captured
I was having a view that Kolkata did not have a distinict architecture to it.But this focus will be interesting in showcasing the same